WHEN DEATH OCCURS:
The Types of Services We Provide:
We primarily arrange simple cremations (with our without a viewing and other services) returning your loved one to you as soon as possible.
While the majority of families call Simple Choices for a simple cremation, simple can also be exceptional.
There is no limit to the variety of cremation and memorial services we can provide as demonstrated by services we have arranged in the past:
- We also provide memorial services and gatherings held after cremation.
- We arrange for interments in National Cemeteries, most commonly in Saratoga National locally for veterans and their dependents.
- We honor veterans by arranging for honor guards at the services for the playing of taps and the flag presentation ceremony.
- We provide all the necessary forms and resources and contacts for VA burial benefits.
- We provide assistance in a Government Headstone or Marker provided by the VA.
- We provide Certified Copies of the Death Certificate, as well as guidance on filing life insurance claims, and how to start estate settlements.
- We can provide the “traditional” viewing and funeral ceremony with a cremation casket, followed by cremation at the conclusion of the service.
- We routinely incorporate personal mementos of the deceased into their services, and often produce: Laminated Memorial Cards, Laminated Obituary Bookmarks, Personalized Guest Books and Thank You Cards, Themed Memorial Candles, Video Tributes, and other products helping to focus attention on the wonderful life that was lived by the deceased.
- We have been known to arrange burials at sea for cremated remains, burial of cremated remains out of town, and in other states.
- We have arranged for calling hours (visitation) in our own funeral home, another funeral home in a different community, local churches and chapels, cemeteries and mausoleums or even in a private residence or other venue.
- We arrange for meaningful music for services through recordings or live musicians such as: bagpipers, organists, pianists, soloists, etc.
- Both families and other funeral homes, have been known to call us to assist them when they have had a death in our area and need a cremation arranged from a distance.
- We have been known to arrange for Green Burials for those who desire simplicity without cremation. Our firm offers a variety of earth friendly caskets, urns and other approved merchandise. We partner with Green Burial Cemeteries locally.
- We have been known to arrange for Home Funerals and are "Home Funeral Friendly" providing the minimally require legal services as required by law but allowing families to keep their loved one home for their viewing and ceremony.
Whether a death is sudden or expected, the loss of a loved one is indescribable. When you are in a heightened emotional state, even the most basic decisions can seem staggering. At Simple Choices simplicity and affordability meet caring and professionalism, providing a level of personal service unmatched by the competition. Our goal is to always to provide professional guidance and our expertise for every family we serve, while honoring the wishes of the deceased and their loved ones.
Families often tell us that we made everything much easier for them (simple and uncomplicated) leaving them with the comforting sense that their loved ones’ life has been well honored and remembered. Click Here to Learn our Difference and Read our Testimonials.